Thursday, September 6, 2012

THE HALLOWEEN HEIRLOOM

As you all know, Ryan and I are big fans of comic books. Ryan turned me on to who is now one of my favorite writers, Jamie S. Rich. Jamie writes a lot of independent comics (or so they would be considered compared to the mighty Marvel or DC), but he's also had a run at some more popular titles lately.

Recently, Jamie has borrowed the idea of the "daily sketch" from comic book artists and started doing writing doodles to get the creative blood flowing. He also offers short stories for commission now as well, something I wish more writers would do.

In a recent post on his blog, Jamie posted a "doodle" that I really enjoyed called The Halloween Heirloom. I thought it was right up our alley, so I wanted to share it with you HERE.

Jamie is better known for his Noir type books, but I really like his horror stuff. Spell Checkers 2 would have to be my absolute favorite that he's written. The art in the book is very manga-esque and I think that may be kind of a turn off to older comic book readers, but seriously, give it a read. It's straight up horror and it takes some incredible turns that you would not expect.

Hopefully we'll get the chance to read some more spooky stuff from Jamie very soon.

Wellington!

No comments:

Post a Comment