Friday, October 4, 2013

TOO MUCH HORROR BUSINESS: THE KIRK HAMMETT COLLECTION

Metallica has become a very polarizing band. Once considered the absolute thrash band, they have now become the ensign for every meat-head in the country. The days of Pushead artwork on a Zorlac deck are gone and have been replaced by a cliché love of hot rod culture. Creeping Death passed the torch to St. Anger.

Still, there are those that don't agree with me. Plenty of people still love the music that Metallica is turning out and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. As for me, it's Blackened or nothing. The soundtrack to hell will be Fuel. I don't mean the cool hell either. I mean eternal torment.

Either way, Metallica will always hold a special place in every metal-head's heart and we are no exception. When Ryan's boss sent him a recent video that Kirk Hammett put out about his horror collection and new book, we were both very excited. We've known about Hammett's obsession with horror for a while, but we didn't know too much about his collection until we read the announcement about his new book, Too Much Horror Business: The Kirk Hammett Collection.

I'm pretty excited to get my own copy. From what I've seen, it looks like Hammett is in almost every picture in the book. I'm more interested in his collection than seeing him posing with statues of Bela Lugosi and Boris Karloff, but I think it'll still be a fun book to look at. Of all the dudes in Metallica, Hammett bugs me the least anyway. If it were Ulrich, the deal would be off.

No comments:

Post a Comment